Back pain can be a life changing condition. Back pain treatments are for ever evolving. At Interventional Pain Associates, we offer a wide range of noninvasive and minimally invasive back pain treatments for our patients in Austin that have shown remarkable results. If you are like millions of people and are tired of living with the terrible reality that is chronic and debilitating, you can get help.
Back Pain Definition
- Back pain is a common complaint. Most people in the United States will experience low back pain at least once during their lives. It is one of the most common reasons people go to the doctor or miss work.
What are the risk factors for back pain?
A back pain risk factor is something which increases the likelihood of developing a condition or disease. For example,obesity significantly raises the risk of developing diabetes type 2. Therefore, obesity is a risk factor for diabetes type 2. This type of pain can be caused by a number of different problems and not all are related to posture. The following factors are linked to a higher risk of developing back pain:
- A mentally stressful job
- Pregnancy – pregnant women are much more likely to get back pain
- A sedentary lifestyle
- Age – older adults are more susceptible than young adults or children
- Gender – back pain is more common among females than males
- Strenuous physical exercise (especially if not done properly)
- Strenuous physical work
You don’t have to live with pain. As you already have read this type of pain can be from a number of problems. Stop living a life with back pain and see a pain specialist. Interventional Pain Associates specialize in finding out the causes and will give you the best option for treatment.